Now that my "big kid" is back at school, when my little one is napping, the backyard is mine to meander. I've plucked the lavender, trimmed the roses, rotated the squash and chatted with the chickens. Pinecone grenades fall from above my garden while I fluff the pumpkin leaves and furrow my brows at some underperforming tomatoes.
Most of my summer projects ended with a flourish while others fizzled out mid July. I even had a great surprise when I reached into my potato condo and found... potatoes!!
How about a summer recap?
Just a reminder, my posts are organized by topic, so it's easier to follow a project from beginning to end, as opposed to chronologically and bounce around between my many, varying, sometimes fleeting interests. To find my most updated content, click a subject below and scroll to the bottom.
- Chicken Coop- The "ladies" have moved in, but can they do the walk of shame down the ladder in the morning?
- Herb Garden- which herbs are unstoppable here in zone 7B?
- Rose Garden- is the gravel mulch working?
- Secret Garden- Lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, garlic, pumpkins... guess which one had a bumper crop
- Potato Condo- See the vines bust out of the box and, um, die?
- Pumpkin Patch- a slow start, but successful so far...
- Lavender Garden- or is this really a story about evil horsetails?