- Giddy about each additional minute before sunset, as spring approaches.
- Equally anticipatory and panicked over the impending arrival of spring. (There's so much to do before the last frost!)
- Self-conscious and intimidated about your big(gest) yard project this year (A vegetable garden, in my case.)
- Perusing all the seed catalog posts about when to start seeds indoors.
- Plotting your "strategy" as an attendant of the local gardening convention this month.
This weekend was awesome. I know this because my kids went to bed a half hour early and immediately fell asleep.
We ended up with a birdhouse made from wood scraps, a new floor in the chicken coop, a better system for watering the birds, a tidier back yard and sore muscles.
My raised bed installation is on the schedule for March 1st. As mentioned above, I'm intimidated by my own grandiose veggie garden plans. I have a back-up plan though. If I can manage, I'll take a "back yard farming" course, taught by a University of Washington professor.
Plans. I have lots of them.